A 14-year-old girl from Vietnam, Le Thi Xoan was found unconscious with an iPhone 6 by her side with the charging cable inserted into the device. An investigation conducted showed that the rubber of the cable had been slightly stripped and wrapped with a transparent tape.
The girl was rushed to hospital after she was discovered unconscious by her parents.
It is thought she was electrocuted after she rolled onto the device. Black burn marks were found on her bedding.
The Teen succumbed to death after allegedly being electrocuted by the iPhone charging cable.
It is still unknown whether the charging cable was the original one supplied by Apple. However, Apple still hasn't commented on the incident.